Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Try to Coexist?

The main aspects of this comic that really get me going on a rant of questions is simply this…. how could two people doing close to the same thing have so much hate for one another? Everyone has different ways of dealing with life. This is seen between Daredevil and Punisher. No way is certainly right or wrong, but both hate each other for being different from one another.

As I was reading, I thought to myself that their actions against one another, for lack of better words, their actions were stupid. Now, imagine if the two forces teamed up together and fought against crime. I’m not saying that Daredevil and Punisher need to be best friends, they just need to coexist. As Mary writes in a letter to the Punisher, she mentions how the rate of crime has increased significantly since he’s been put into jail. She also mentions lists the forces that stop crimes in the city, which were the police, Daredevil, and the Punisher. With all of these forces being against each other, they are less focused on the defeat of crime but rather in the defeat of one another.





To me, this matter represents a poor allocation of resources around the city. As I said earlier, everyone deals with matters in a different way. I see where the Punisher and Daredevil are coming from, but they both need to learn to coexist. If they were to coexist, crime would decrease and the city would be a safer place. Both of their end goals are the same, to fight crime and to make the city safe. With this said, they are just making their job more difficult than it has to be. 

Picture: http://heroicuniverse.com/the-best-daredevil-vs-punisher-fights/

4 comments:

  1. Allison-I wish they could coexist too, but I guess it can't be that simple! I agree that both of their actions can seem stupid. I think they are both so focused on being "right" that they end up hurting more than they are helping anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Allison, I was definitely annoyed that they were fighting so much throughout the comic. Every time they fought more people died and more things went bad. Honestly, I don't blame Punisher for feeling they way he does. Although he does seem really crazy he seems to be making an impact on the city. I see it as a power struggle because both seem to think their way is the best. But they are the pure example of what the Punisher is doing. He's killing people because he knows they won't change. So if these so called heroes can't even change their ways then who is saying anyone else will?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bring up a good point - Daredevil and Punisher's responses aren't really solving the problem. It seems more like that they're reacting to each other's methods rather than trying to see the origin of the troubles that plague Hell's Kitchen. And I agree that the prevalence of crime is a symptom of problems in society, rather than THE problem itself (not to say that crime isn't a problem). But if crime is a symptom, than what is the origin of it? If it's unequal distribution of resources, then what causes that skew? I feel that it ultimately comes down to human nature - I mean... who's right? Daredevil, who believes in inherent goodness? Or Punisher, whose view of humanity is much bleaker?

    ReplyDelete